Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Living through the sunrise...

"...The rising sun will come to us from heaven, to shine on those living in darkness, and in the shadow of death, to guide our feet into the path of peace..." Luke 1: 78-79

The sun will rise
It will tan my skin
The sun will rise
It will warm within
But if that sun don't rise
Then I'll shrivel, I'll die
And If that sun don't rise
I'd be sorry I said "Good bye."



The rising of the sun is such a spectacular life lesson!! It is not fickle, it is unwavering. When I feel down trodden, all I have to do is wait. Every morning my God rises the sun to meet me, and a new day. There well may be many sunrises in my life. I will thank the Lord for every one.


"For most people, we often marvel at the beauty of a sunrise or the magnificence of a full moon, but it is impossible to fathom the magnitude of the universe that surrounds us"- Richard H. Baker

1 comment:

  1. Micah, I coudldn't agree more! A few years ago while I researching monastic life I spent a few days living with benedictine nuns in the countryside, among other things, I loved how they all woke at 4am for prayer in the darkness, and again as the sun rose - their chapel was surrounded by glass windows looking out onto a lush paddock, my heart was racing, and I thought - Our God is Light, each day he grants us is precious, amen!

    p.s. I love this blog of yours...

    ReplyDelete