Friday, September 28, 2012

The Plea of the World

I don't have music
Playing when I'm alone
But I do listen
I do give attention
Lending my ear to the cricket
In the early morning
He plays
He gives a song of searching
Of longing
For love
No
Companionship
Maybe he's been searching an entire evening
The tune grows desperate
A bird
Belting good morning
Gives the cricket pause
Yet he begins again
Fearlessly
Or with a greater fear
Perhaps the poison of seclusion
The bird
Changes its melody
It is strident
And more keen
Quick and more primal
The bird searches
But the cricket is relentless
He has waited and invested
His time
Himself
The two duet
Dangerously
Out of hunger
Out of familiarity
The bird stops
The cricket's solo
Goes from longing
To telling
From pitiful
To relatable
Justifiable
Major
Silence

2 comments: